The following is a post being featured on these blogs today: A Lovely Little Wardrobe, Whitney a la Mode, and A Little Bit of Cheer. If you are looking for more style inspiration, I highly suggest you check out these fashionable ladies’ blogs. A huge shout out to each of them for this style collaboration! Now on to it…
Hi there, y’all! I am Jennie from A Pocketful of Polka Dots and I am so thrilled to be a part of Carrie, Whitney and Casey’s Create 28 Winter Friends Edition. Today I will be sharing a look I know a little something about – Business Attire.
When Carrie approached me about sharing a professional look, I was excited because my closet is packed full of pencil skirts, trousers, button-ups, and blazers. The only problem I had was narrowing it down to what kind of business attire to showcase. I finally went with what you see today. When it comes to dressing for a more formal office environment, I’ve been told many women find the clothes to be boring and uninspiring. Here are a few style tips I use to bring some visual interest to my professional looks:
- Add a bold color – with a top, jacket, skirt, pants, or shoe.
- Prints break up the blahs – add at least one or two to your look.
- A fun shoe is a fabulous way to jazz up even the most basic of business attire.
- Accessorize! Jewelry and scarves truly help elevate a look and are a great way to add personality.
- Patterned, textured, or colorful tights are perfect for adding visual interest and additional warmth when wearing a skirt or dress.
- Layers are your friend. Instead of wearing just a sweater, add a button-up underneath, and perhaps go with a vest or jacket over that. I could go on and on with this one, as the possibilities are endless.
- Blazer – Liz Claiborne, JCPenney
- Top – Dress Barn
- Skirt –
- Shoes – Nine West
- Necklace – Charming Charlie
I hope I was able to offer you a little style inspiration today. The next time you have to dress for a big meeting, or just a regular day, perhaps these suggestions will help you remember that dressing professionally does not have to mean boring. For more of my office looks, as well as casual style, swing on by A Pocketful of Polka Dots.