Sometimes when I write these posts something comes to me and the words just flow. I love those days. This is not one of those days. Ha! So, I think I will share 5 simple things that happened in my week. Let’s hope that sparks something. Let’s see…
- We truly enjoyed watching the Super Bowl. I am not an Eagles or Patriots fan, but for certain reasons, I decided pre-game I would be cheering for the Eagles. While it would have been much better had one of my teams been playing, it was a solid good game throughout and had just enough drama at the end to keep us on the edge of our seats. The halftime show was alright, but honestly, I thought Lady Gaga last year was hands down much better – girlfriend Brought It. The Tide commercials kept us laughing all night – especially when we thought he was Mr. Clean!
- My February Glossy Box came this week and was packed with all kinds of goodies I cannot wait to use. I look forward to receiving this each month and being surprised by new items to try. It’s like a little bit of Christmas year round! This month’s box included a hydrating mud sheet mask, precision tweezers in rose gold, a lip scrub, Doucce lip definer pencil (I love their products!), organic geranium and grapefruit body wash and body milk. Use the code Jennie-R16 and receive 20% off your first box subscription.
- You may or may not have noticed, but my blog was down for most of the day Wednesday. Uggg. It was a technical glitch on my host server’s side and I had an open chat box going on for a few hours while they worked to resolve it. It was frustrating, to say the least, but I must admit I have always received great and timely technical assistance from Bluehost in the couple of years I have been with them.
- I recently purchased a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Kit, so I have been in freezing food mode. When the boys were younger I couldn’t keep food long enough to even think about freezing anything. I suppose I have grown accustomed to cooking in large amounts and now that their appetites have leveled out I have been tossing away entirely too much food. So far it is working well to freeze the extras in individual portions to pull out for lunches or nights when I don’t feel like cooking. Plus it has been perfect for my meal prep because I have been able to mix things up for more variety throughout my week.
- I saw a pair of white Moon Boots at a local shoe outlet store and have been contemplating buying them since they are on super sale. They are a really fun boot, super comfortable and warm, but definitely out there style wise. Would you ever give them a chance, or would it be a hard pass?
Stripes and leopard are one of my favorite combinations. In fact, I style stripes and leopard in so many of my looks and tend to treat them as neutrals, as I cannot think of anything they do not pair well with. Solids – yes. Florals – yes. Camo – yes. Plaid – yes. Together? A match made in heaven! See more of my stripes and leopard looks here, here, here, and here!
Blazer – Shein
Striped Tee – Old Navy
Jeans – c/o Angel Jeans
Boots – Vince Camuto
Scarf – Burlington Coat Factory Tote – Amazon
I am looking for Fabulous Friday Co-Hosts! It’s a great way to have your blog featured and be introduced to a new audience. If you are interested just send me a quick line ∼ email@example.com.
Co-Host – Darlene of Aquamarina Style
Hi, everyone! I am a frequent traveler who also loves fashion! As a recent retiree from a formal career that required a conservative wardrobe, I’ve been developing my own casual style and having a blast with it! My new mantra is, wear what makes you feel good! I live with my husband, my son, and our Cairn Terrier in Southern California in a coastal community that we love. You can also follow me on:
My pick from last week is Melissa of Mom with Style. This plaid shirt is giving me serious heart palpitations! Pop on over to Darlene’s blog to see who she is featuring this week!